Premature Sex Destroys Little Girls and Little Boys
May 7, 2007
1. Adolescents in intact families are less likely to become sexually active compared to peers in non-intact families. full details
2. Girls who experienced a parental separation during childhood are more likely to engage in early sexual activity. full details
3. Among girls in intact families, those who report having a close relationship with their fathers are less likely to engage in sexual activity. full details
4. Adolescents whose mothers were teens when they first gave birth are more likely to initiate sexual activity at an early age. full details
5. Youths who pledge to protect their virginity until marriage are more likely to delay sexual activity. full details
6. Youths who receive more adult supervision are less likely to engage in sexual activity. full details
7. Youths who engage in sexual activity are at an increased risk for depression. full details
8. Among teenage boys, those from intact families with frequent religious attendance average the fewest sexual partners. full details
9. Teens in intact families are less likely to become pregnant compared to peers in other family structures. full details
10. Women who were sexually active in their teens are less likely to form and sustain stable marriages. full details
For a look at how this all translates into the real world, see Mamacita’s A Teacher Tells The Truth About Your Kids And Sex.
My last few years in the middle school were spent largely chasing kids out of the bathroom of the opposite sex. Blowjobs were all the rage. It was all they could talk about. They even drew pictures and diagrams, of kids ‘doing it,’ or ‘how to do it’ for the uninitiated.Unpopular girls became suddenly popular. Early-developing boys were chased down the halls and solicited. It was sick. A time or two someone was actually caught in the act, but our principal had a hard time believing such things could happen at that age, and we had a really difficult time convincing her that yes, it was happening two or three dozen times a day. Nothing was ever done, because ‘the teacher must have just misinterpreted the situation and assumed the worst.’
Yes, it happened like that over and over. The parents were our worst problem, because they simply refused to believe their innocent child could possibly do that, and they became furious at the implication.
And the middle school kids were giving, and getting, blowjobs all day.
When something like that becomes ‘cool,’, the ‘thing to do,’ because ‘everybody’s doing it,’ then it’s hard to explain to a kid that blowjobs are not the way to go at age thirteen. At thirteen, fourteen, hormones are overflowing and overwhelming, and there are no legitimate outlets. And then suddenly, there is one. And nobody gets pregnant, either. STD’s? VD? Not taught. Against community standards.
UPDATE: See also Parenting: Protection First, Love Second. If you aren’t protecting your kids, you aren’t loving them.